"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Navajo Tacos



Fry Bread:
1 batch of my Mom's Homemade Roll dough
Vegetable Oil

Filling:
1 lb Hamburger
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp. Mustard
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 can Tomatoes
1 can Pinto Beans - drained
2 tsp. Garlic Salt

Topppings:
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream
Guacamole

Make roll dough recipe.
About 20 minutes before the dough is finished, start browning the hamburger. Remove grease and add all ingredients except the garlic salt. Cover and let simmer for about 20 mintues. Then add garlic salt.

Fill frying pan about 1 inch tall with vegetable oil and get it hot. Then fry the bread one at a time unless your pan is big enough. Place on paper towels and pat dry. When finished, place the filling and whatever toppings you would like on top of the fry bread.

An easier way to do this (and probably what I'll do from now on just for the sake of time and effort) is to use cans of chili instead of making your own filling. It was pretty good, though!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Cans of chili? CANS OF CHILI? Did I just read that correctly? hehe Geez, soon you'll be savoring Cool Whip!

    Love you anyway!
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cans of chili or homemade... doesn't matter. That sounds good!! I just need my appetite back so I can eat something besides cereal. My poor family has just not had much of a cook around here for months. You are quite the chef. I love it!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete