"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Take The Cake


This is my 6 year old son, Carson who was in his school's Take The Cake decorating competition yesterday. He took 2nd place in the Kindergarten competition out of 7. He came up with the design mostly by himself. It was actually his dad who intervened to try and make it a little better. It's a Black Widow Spider.

They had one hour to decorate. He finished just under 4 minutes. We had 56 minutes left plus 30 minutes of judging so we went and grabbed dinner while we were waiting. We are so proud of him and it was so much fun!



The wedding of Q and U was also yesterday. The kids did such a good job and it was so cute.

The cake did not turn out great. It was ok, especially for a kindergarten class but I wasn't happy with it. It has been very hot here in AZ lately and the fondant was hard to work with. Oh well! I've decided that cupcakes are probably more my thing. It did taste great, though! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Carson, I LOVE your black widow cake! You're right...it was so scary...just like the spiders in my basement! Congratulations on winning 2nd place in your contest!!

    Brie, your cake looks great! I'm sorry the fondant didn't cooperate. Think if this were for a real wedding...how stressful would THAT be? You did a great job, though, and now you deserve a big, long NAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job getting 2nd place Carson!
    Brie I adore the Q&U wedding cake what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete