"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lasagna


This is the recipe that my mom uses. Sorry the picture isn't great.
I've never made it since it's full of lactose. But since we've been married, my husband has been able to handle more and more. When we were first married, the lactaid pills wouldn't work for him, but since he's doing better I thought we should give it another go. So I made lasagna, he took his pills and THEY WORKED! I have never been so excited in my life. Okay that's an exaggeration. But I was really excited.

1 lb Hamburger
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
2 small cans of Tomato Sauce
Lasagna Noodles
1 pkg. Cream Cheese
1 Egg
16 oz (1 lb) Mozzarella
1 carton (16 oz) Cottage Cheese
1 small Onion - chopped (optional)
1 clove Garlic - minced

Brown the hamburger.
If you're not using the "no prep" noodles, then follow the directions on the package.
When the hamburger is browned, drain the grease. Combine with spaghetti and tomato sauce, onion, and garlic.
Combine cream cheese, egg, about 10 oz of mozzarella, and cottage cheese. Mix well.
Layer in a 9 x 13 pan starting with the sauce, noodles, cheese mixture and repeat. Top with the rest of the mozzarella.
Cook at 350 for 40 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment