"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

I was going to do this for our Halloween breakfast, but we were dragging in the morning and let's be honest, it was just easier to have cereal.  But for lunch, I made Pumpkin Pancakes.  The idea had actually just come to me early early that morning and I didn't have a recipe.  But I figured, how hard could it be?  It was super easy and they were actually really good.  I was scared they would be awful but everybody loved them!


 If I had been better prepared, I would have tried to actually make them look like pumpkins.  My kids thought that was more of the idea vs. taste.  So after this first batch, I added red and yellow food coloring to make theirs orange.  Sorry, no pics of that.


Ingredients:
2 Cups Bisquick
1 Cup Milk
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup canned Pumpkin
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Cloves
1/4 tsp. Ginger
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
And a couple drops of Vanilla

Mix it all together and cook on your greased griddle.  Serve with Maple Syrup. 

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to try this recipe. Pancakes of one of the three foods Zealand will actually eat. He hates all veggies so this would be a great way to sneak some extra vitamins in his favorite food!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete