"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Breakfast Cookies



I had a dilemma.  We were going camping (until the thunderstorm started) and I had no idea what to pack for breakfast for my kids.  I already had enough junk food packed, I didn't want them eating it for breakfast, too. I searched the internet and found lots of recipes for breakfast cookies.  This was last week and I should have written it down, but I didn't so I will do my best to remember what I put in and how much.  My measurements were also pretty random.  I just threw stuff in without measuring.  Also, this recipe makes only 9 large cookies so definitely double or triple it if you want more.

1 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Craisins
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Applesauce
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cloves
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ginger

I think that's it.  Next time I would maybe add 2 Tbsp of Honey and possibly chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.  I think.  I would keep an eye on them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment