"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Monday, February 22, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Cookies


I based this recipe off another recipe that my mom sent me and I changed it a little.
In my attempt at eating healthier but still having yummy food, I bought ground Flax Seed to add to my food. Trust me, I was not thrilled about the idea at first. But these are super good cookies and you can't taste the flax seed at all. Definitely worth the investment. And I don't feel as guilty eating them compared to some of my other recipes.
My kids love these. Next time I will for sure make a double batch and freeze a bunch so I can sneak one (or three) every now and then.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups All-purpose or wheat flour
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Ground Flax Seed
3/4 cup Applesauce
1 Egg
1 cup mashed ripe Bananas
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flax together.
Add applesauce, egg, bananas, and vanilla. Mix.
Add oats and chocolate chips and mix again.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I made a similar cookie without the chocolate chips. I never thought about adding them, but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete